Get Lost In Nature And Disconnect From Technology At These Camping Destinations
We’ve said it before and we’ll keep on saying it until we’re blue in the face. We LOVE camping. We […]
We’ve said it before and we’ll keep on saying it until we’re blue in the face. We LOVE camping. We do all types of camping from tents to RVs and, as a family, it’s the perfect little getaway.
Check out this list of camping destinations to put on your bucket list.
Top 5 Campgrounds Located In Our Home State, Michigan
1. Tahquamenon Falls State Park
- sights of one of the largest waterfalls east of the Mississippi. The Upper Falls is 50 feet high and more than 200 feet wide!
- It has 40 miles of hiking trails
- 13 inland lakes for all of you swimmers and sunbathers
- 20,000 acres of natural area
2. South Higgins Lake State Park
- Located in Northeast Michigan, Higgins Lake is a beautiful crystal-clear body of water to swim and enjoy the summer
- This tranquil area is filled with nature trails and wildlife to observe throughout your trip
3. Porcupine Mountains State Park
- This park is the largest of its kind, measuring 60,000 acres, and located in the Western Upper Peninsula
- Take your pick of camping styles- modern, rustic or yurt lodging
- And, don’t forget to bring a map when you adventure off to find the scenic waterfalls and trek the hiking trails.
4. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
- we’ve mentioned this one in the past as one of our favorite spots and it holds rank in the state of Michigan too
- This picturesque location is filled with multicolored sandstone cliffs
- Kayak Lake Superior
- Hike along wildflowers and travel atop the Au Sable Light Station towering 87 feet above the ground
View this post on Instagram
5. Wilderness State Park
- This campground has 10,500 acres of land- plenty of room for activities including hiking, fishing and biking
- Relax on the shoreline of Lake Michigan which runs for 26 miles, a.k.a 26 miles of space to watch the beautiful sunset
- And, might we add that the air is very clean here.